Austin Update – Episode 2
Welcome to the Austin Update Podcast – New to Austin? Moving to Austin? Come along with us on our journey to get to know the awesome city of Austin, Texas.
- Why the parks cost so much? Why can’t I get a pass that covers all parks?? $10 weekends here $10 there. $75 a year here $100 a year there. Must go find some free places to swim and fish.
- Went fishing at Walter E. Long lake for an hour or so. Didn’t catch any but jr did learn how to cast. Not a swimming lake for sure (imao).
- No plastic bags
- Battle with the SOD & Crabgrass
- We have an iTunes Link so Subscribe!!
- One Month to do an address change on the ole drivers license
- The Fish Gallery — After listening to an episode of Back to Work, I heard of a place call the Fish Gallery. Had to get out of the house and my son and I went to check it out. It’s a great place to go check out lots of different kinds of fish. They even had a shark egg (2-3 more months till it hatches).
- Discovered that the recyclables (The blue trash can) are collected every other week. lol
- Panda Express….and OHHHH there is an Indian restaurant a couple stores down. BAM Curry and Naan!!
- Electric Lawn Mower (corded) $179 + a extension chord. [Amazon Link]
- We are Cordkillers and we have an OTA antenna. We get X amount of channels, plus Netflix, YouTube, and DailyMotion we get the majority of our video fix on. We have U-Verse but are waiting for Google Fiber to get here!!